Garden of Eden Cenote

Tulum Travel Blog

We decided we'd stay a 3rd night in Tulum, before making our way back to Cancun.  In the morning after breakfast, we set out to find a nearby, English church that I had found online, called Lighthouse.  It was just a 10 min walk away, the service was held outdoors in a covered courtyard (though apparently they'll be moving to a school), small, mainly expat congregation.  After church, we picked up some lunch, and then went back to the hostel to get what we needed for our next cenote visit.

We decided to go to Garden of Eden as one of the guys that we had met at the cenote yesterday recommended it, and they were planning to all go there this afternoon as well.

We asked around, and found a collectivo to take us.

It was quite a bit further out of town, at least 30 minutes, and it was really busy.  It was totally open up top, but needed several steps to get down to the water (or there was a platform to jump off of as well).  It wasn't as clear as the cenotes from yesterday, but even colder.  I wasn't in the water long, the rest of the time I relaxed with my book.  We never found our friends from yesterday, I guess they had a change of plans.

It started to rain just as we got back to our hostel.  We sat inside for awhile (the boys were playing on their phones- I relaxed the time limit rules during our trip, which they were happy about), and then when there was a dry spell, we ran across to Burrito Amor for dinner.  When we got back to the hostel, I hung out in the common area for awhile with a few of the other guests and the owners.

Tulum