Big and busy city

Rotterdam Travel Blog

The old historic harbor

I've been in Rotterdam dozen times, not my city of destination but on our way back home we decided to stopped. Is sunday afternoon we thought it'll be a little quieter than other times, but no, is one of the busiest day of the week. To find a parking is a hell of a job and expensive. But before finding a parking in the center, we drove first to old historic harbour - as it is quite a walk from the center. I get out the car and my buddy stayed in the car, I walk around for a few minutes taking photos.

Afterwards, back to the center and start looking for a parking. Rotterdam is not city for cars, same as Amsterdam, I'll come with train there. Forunately didn't take long we found a parking outside the center but was a long walk.

Cubic houses
 First thing we've done is walking to the Cubic Houses. I'd like coming back here and the square surround is a nice spot of Rotterdam. This is one of the busiest place in the city - nearby is the market hall which was open in 2014. Inside is amazing where you have the food market - the entire ceiling of the market hall was provided with art, one of my favourite building.

We stroll inside the cubic houses, although, I've been there a few times, is always nice to see inside while imagining and looked outside it wasn't all that plains. Afterwards we walk to the market hall, I want something to eat, inside there are plenty of choices, and I opt for American donuts, oh well European donut can't compare to the real American one, I say donut in Europe is fake but still good haha

Once we're out the market hall and the weather was really good and sunny, we sitted for a while eating my donuts. Well, we have to remember that we can only stand in the parking for 2h30minutes it cost 6.50€ for a ticket. Look to my watch we still have time, so we no hurry.

We walk through the shopping malls, a very busy place, but I didn't feel like shopping and my buddy thought I'm going inside the shops but no thank you I said to him. So we walk fastly from there and head to the harbour area and on our way back to the car parking. We walk in whole Rotterdam in more than two hours and this way we've seen the city again

Market hall