Washington to London

Dulles Travel Blog

British Airways Boeing 747 IAD-LHR.

Time for our British Isles cruise. We selected Princess Cruises and Caribbean Princess for this cruise. The 12 day cruise would sail from Southampton on August 5, calling at ports in Guernsey, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland and France. We elected to spend three days in London beforehand.

Dinner aboard British Airways was Chiken Tikka Masala. I came to understand this is now accepted as a standard British dish, as English as Bangers and Mash. Complementary mini-bottle of wine. Breakfast the next morning was one of the oddest I have encounted aloft. The flight attendants came around with a basket containing two breakfast bars to take. One was a fruit Nutri-Grain bar, but I can't describe the other one. It was quite different in consistency from anything I've had before.

Paulovic says:
Congrats being featured, Andy!
Posted on: Sep 30, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Andy, congrats on your featured blog. Well done.
Posted on: Sep 28, 2017
sarahelaine says:
Chicken tikka in most surveys! And any village with more than a handful of houses will have a curry house, a chinese restaurant or both. My mother's village has a perfectly passable Cantonese place in the petrol station. Even at home I think most people my age would do you a better curry or stir fry for dinner than they'd manage a roast or toad in the hole (although my toad in the hole is excellent, just saying' ;) ) Welcome to the UK, and congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2017