purple dinosaur ice cream for the kid please!

Erie Travel Blog

So we get back down to Pittsburgh around 7ish at night and Theresa's daughter, Bryanna, wants some ice cream.  So we stop at Bruster's Ice cream on Peach Street, right off of I-90.  Once there I realized why I didn't go to Bruster's, because they didn't have chocolate ice cream--only turtle and I don't like nuts too much.  So I take forever to order and try lot's of sample... I almost couldn't eat the ice cream I ordered which ended up being a sunday with cake batter (my favorite Turkey Hill ice cream is party cake so I thought it might be similar) and I got lot's of toppings on it!  Since I was so picky that brought up a funny story that Kristi just had to share with Tree of when we were in college.

See there's a TGI Fridays directly across the parking lot from Brusters... well, at Friday's the waiter asked if we wanted dessert... I said no because they only have vanilla ice cream and vanilla cake (this was before they got the delicious chocolate cake and cinnabon cake they have now).  He told me, just like everyone else does, to put chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream to make it taste like chocolate.  I told him that was rediculous and if he wanted me to have dessert so much then he should go over to Brusters to get me ice cream there (good thing he didn't because they don't have chocolate---of course I seem to remember them having it at one time)...

As you can tell by the title we got a flavor called purple dinosaur (which is really vanilla with purple food coloring) for Bryanna... they are free with the purchase of adult ice cream!  And poor Tree has to get Bryanna cleaned up because of the purple coloring... I think that her clothes are stained for life... but atleast she's a 2 year old and will grow out of it fast!

Erie