I'm surprised I woke up to disembark!

Vantaa Travel Blog

All I know is that the plane reached cruising altitude, the seatbelt signs were turned  off, and I fell asleep. And how! As if on cue, I woke up literally 2 minutes before the announcement of the imminent descent came on. The plane landed on time, so different from the circling and hold patterns I'm used to at LHR.

I thought ours would be the last flight but no siree.... there were a few more that landed from England, and a few expected well after 2am! Immigration was quick, although I was asked  a gazillion questions around my Schengen visa. Anyway, decided against taking public transport as i was so sleepy, i coughed up money for a cab. It cost me around 50  Euro but well worth it.

Driving through Helsinki reminded me  a bit of Vienna. I wasn't surprised  to see folks up and about as it was a Friday night after all. But it was surprising to see restaurants open, I thought only bars and pubs would be! The driver who was also my impromptu tourist guide was telling me that some coffee shops are open till 3am on Fridays (or is that Saturday early morning). I fell in love with the vibe of the town right then and there. Driver pointed me to my hostel, and I promptly checked in (the hostel had left me the codes of the building, floor and keycard at reception as they don't work after 10pm). I was tired.... so I just slept!

Vantaa