Copenhagen - Zurich and Singapore

Copenhagen Travel Blog

I did some research 2 to 3 months before departure especially for the tour to Komodo and Rinca islands.  Unfortunately the searched through the internet was not that good for booking the tour as many of the travel agents in Flores and Bali charge high fee for tour to Komodo and Rinca islands in Flores.  I am not talking about hundred dollars, but thousand usd dollars which is really ridicolous especially for the 2 nights tour (including accommodation either in a boat or a hotel), and it cost usd 1,200 for 2 people.  In addition, we have to pay the national park fee ourself.

I thought it was way too expensive and kind of rip off.  So we decided to check the tour once we arrive in Labuan Bajo Flores.

So, we decided to leave it and will look for a boat trip when we arrived in Labuan Bajo, but we booked a hotel in Labuan bajo in advanced, as there is limited hotel in the city. For some strange reason, most of the hotel in Labuan Bajo are expensive and quite basic for the price charge.

On the day, we head to the airport and we look forward to the trip.

We flew with Swiss air from Copenhagen to Zurich with one hour stop over, and then continue to Singapore.

This is first time I flew with Swiss air and to my surprise the service was really good compare with Emirates airlines. There is meal during the short flight from Copenhagen to Zurich.

Unfortunately the flight was delay in Copenhagen and I was worry we would miss our flight in Zurich and then miss our hotel booking and flight to Bali.

We run like a demon chasing us, once we were landed in Zurich airport.  It was a very long distant from one place to another and we have to pass the immigration as well.  Oh boy... I really was out of breath..... and my leg was shaking after the running.

Luckily the flight to Singapore was waiting for us and the stewardess was smiling when see us running like hell.  They told us that it was the last flight and they will wait for the passengers.

We were lucky to have an emergency seat and can stretch our tired leg and just enjoy the flight.  The entertainment system and the meal in the flight was pretty good.  The service was good and fast when they serve food and clean the tray.  There were several snacks, fruits and drinks available at the back after dinner served, so people can get it themself if they were hungry.  I also noticed the stewardess go around offering drink several times during the flight.

gingerbatik says:
@starship1 : I think it was around 12.5 hours direct flight. At least the service was good and plenty of food and snacks:)
Posted on: Sep 01, 2017
starship1 says:
We have also flown on Swiss Air and liked it very much. How long was your flight from Zurich to Singapore?
Posted on: Sep 01, 2017
gingerbatik says:
@sanfoodie: thanks for the congrats:)
Posted on: Aug 17, 2017