The excitement begins

Fairchance Travel Blog

I had always wanted to go to Ireland because we believed our ancestors lived there. My grandmother was as excited as I was in the upcoming months leading up to this trip. We; Suzi (aka aditu), Leanne and I had decided to do an escorted tour with Globus called "Scenic Ireland" that started and ended in Limerick. The other towns we were staying in were Clifden, Bundoran, Ballygally in the north, Dublin, Waterford, Cork and Killarney and we also added 2 extra nights in Limerick. There were actually some people that had cancelled this trip because of 9/11. We thought that this would be the safest and thus the best time to fly. Our flight started in Pittsburgh with a layover in somewhere I can't remember and then to Limerick. I took 2 cameras, both 35mm; one a Canon with a normal date stamp and regular zoom and the 2nd one being a new Yashica Elite with a blurry date stamp and longer (115mm) zoom lens. I had to take both because what if one failed? I also had between 20-25 rolls of film I was taking. And YES I used ALL of them! I (and Suzi) invested a small fortune in getting them developed because we all got triple prints so all of us could have copies! Thank goodness for digital now. I also had binoculars and a camcorder. The flight went fine but my time in the security line was long due to the hand inspection of my bottomless pack of film! :)
Aditu says:
yeah, at least now when we take the same pic we can view it on-line or at Wal-mart first, LOL
Posted on: Aug 28, 2007
euphemy says:
Yea but I guess those days are over. :)
Posted on: Aug 27, 2007
Aditu says:
Ah yes the triple prints of the same pic because we all stood in the same place and took the same pic HAHAHA.
Posted on: Aug 26, 2007