AsiaIndiaManali

Beginnings

Manali Travel Blog

Tomorrow the journey begins to Leh. Rohtang pass wet and muddy, churned beneath a thousand rumbling tatas, before the river crossing. Then shanti valleys, barren and beautiful in myriad hues of ancient rock, to Keylong. Me and my bike alone in the vastness of Gods canvas, minute and ridiculous against the backdrop of awe and wonder. Exitement bubbles as anticipation rises gently from my belly. Slight fear and hope mixing like watercolours swished in the cleaning bowl. Swirls of interwoven liquids moving still, well after the agitation of thought. My bike purring like a lion with the kill, roaring and raring to clamber up over these monstrous hills. Full Tai Chi, many hours, many days. My mind and spirit one. I am, yet am not, exhilerated with a clarity bourne from a harmony within. I feel ready, bouyant, brilliant. Alive and unreal. May the road accept my faith, may the mountains sing my name, may the passes let my spinning wheels tame. Jai Ho, Geoff!!
danybcn says:
Good luck for you and all our love too. We just arrived home yesterday. Hope to know about you soon. Remember to send your indie phone number to keep in touch. Maharaj!!!!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2007