Overlooking the beauty around you...

Gulf Shores Travel Blog

So I just got back from Gulf Shores, a place that I have frequented many times throughout my life, but this time was different. You see, I live very close to the beach, a little less than an hour, so going to the beach has always been pretty "normal" for me, so normal that I began to take it for granted. This past weekend I was at the beach, sitting on the condo porch reading a book, just gazing at the ocean and all I could think about was how much I wanted to be in Europe or Australia. I was talking to my mom and telling her I really wanted to take a trip and she said "How can you think about going on a trip when you are on one right now? Do you know how many people would love to be at the beach right now?" And she is so right! Anybody would love to be able to go to the beach on the weekends. I haven't appreciated it before, so now I'm going to.

The beaches here in Alabama are beautiful! They are so picturesque and scenic, its incredible. While I was there all I did was lay out, swim, eat, sleep, and read...what a relaxing vacation! I never have much time to read when I'm home, so I was so excited to get all that reading done. I finished 5 articles on ancient Egyptian medicine and I got to watch Singing in the Rain. It was a great weekend and next weekend I will definitely be back!

kensac says:
Boy, I couldn't agree more. I am in Summerdale in my RV for my 4th winter here and sure do love the Gulf Shores. All my life I have lived no more than 15 miles from salt water either near Cape Cod or the central coast of CA. Something about it cleanses the soul.
Posted on: Feb 03, 2008
justmeandhim says:
We live by the beach in Gulf Shores and absolutely love it here. Can't imagine ever not living here. But that doesn't mean we don't also want to visit other beaches. No other beach would be able to live up to our home beach - or so we assume. Sometimes it's good to have a change of scenery to put things into perspective. Enjoy your beach or anywhere else you want to go!
Posted on: Nov 05, 2007
mathewhatcher says:
Don't give up on travelling internationally! Sorry I haven't replied to your email as of yet. Gonna research a bit and get you the info. Only just arrived in Bath, England after 2 solid months of travelling from Australia through thailand and America. And I even spent a week in Gulf Shores. You are right, people from Mobile and Baldwin County don't realize how good we have it. Those beaches there are lovely and the sand is whiter than alot of places in the world. Talk to you soon!
Posted on: Sep 21, 2007