The Wedding

Sydney Travel Blog

The wedding was beautiful and heart-warming, once of the nicest I've been to. The bride looked gorgeous and the ceremony was funny and sweet.

We went to the pub for a time after the ceremony and photos where I spent some time trying to understand the gambling appeal again. This time Andy explained the races, and we laid a bet on a race which lost. I was astonished to find that races started constantly every 4 minutes and suddenly it became clear how people spent hours in the bookies squandering their life's savings. I suggested a bet on Goldspink on the next race to place (his friend's band was called Shpink) and we laid the bet, Andy laughing at how quickly I'd learnt to find the buzz. Goldspink came second and our 50 dollar bet became 140 dollar winnings.

The reception began at 5pm and we spent some time drinking and chatting before the meal. The club had been decked out and staffed with Germans in deference to Tasha's German heritage and the food and beer was in the same vein. We had a lot of fun mingling with people, though to a degree I felt somewhat lonely since the groom's friend's random girlfriend is essentially a nobody at a wedding when most of the invited guests are friends and family, but still it was fun. After dinner, the toasts were funny, and heartwarming, and we couldn't help thinking what a beautiful wedding this was. I didn't know the bride and groom before this, but during their day I found I could lose myself in their day, laugh at the jokes, clap and whistle at the funny parts, well up when her dad's voice broke giving her away, and feel truly part of their day.

Tannith says:
Thank you Danielle. I wonder if I should be being so candid here, but this blog is for my family and friends! I'm sure I will feel better when I have settled in better! x
Posted on: Sep 18, 2007
Danielle19 says:
Im so sorry to hear that your austrlian adventure has been upset. Keep you chin up!! Hope you are feeling a little better about things a couple of days later!
Posted on: Sep 17, 2007