Saying goodbye again, and flight to Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

Crazy busy day exchanging money, buying equipment for Thailand, buying toiletries for the next leg etc. Added to which I had to see Anna and Annika, Swedish friends I met in New Zealand, in Fremantle, Cedric, my road trip Frenchman, Neil, my legendary saviour and landlord, and Sancha, who got too drunk in Subiaco and passed out before I could get there.

I was on standby for the flight to Sydney, as is the condition when you fly staff travel and at 1am they told me the flight was full so I was unlikely to get on. I checked my bag in and went to the departure gate and they called my name and 2 others up to the desk. There was a lady there explaining she was on standby too and they told her she wasn't going to get on and to go downstairs to retrieve her bag. I said I was on standby too but when they asked my name they informed me that as I was at the top of the list and the other standby passengers were couples, I had squeezed on. Yay!

Was feeling pretty tired and spiky stuck between a business man and a surfer dude. The surfer dude started up a conversation with me though and unusually I discovered he was a clairvoyant! Just goes to show, appearances can be deceiving.

Sydney