To Sancha's for Valentine's Day

Perth Travel Blog

This morning the boys woke up with more than they bargained for in their Valentine's beds when they realised at 6.30am that the room they were in was infested with bed bugs. We all wrapped our stuff in black plastic bags and slung them in the boot of the car in the hope of cooking the damn things and checked out immediatley. It was then a race against time to find another hostel in Perth; as spokesperson for the international motley crew I managed to get a hostel to take all 3 but made arrangements to go to a friend, Sancha's that evening.

Owing to a number of karmic disasters in the past 3 weeks I had a heavy regime of visa applications, phone calls to credit card companies, and Hep B vaccinations to get through during the day, so the boys dropped me off in town and I got on with the admin. Sancha and I met at 1pm when she finished work, so we had lunch together and then she accompanied me on the arduous tasks all afternoon.

We went back to Dianella and I started to get ready for a sweat lodge I had planned to go to in Fremantle that evening. Unfortunately Sancha and I left too late to catch the train and realised at a central station we had no chance of making it. So we went to the Institute of Natural Medicine and booked in for swedish massages next day instead. We had arranged to meet the boys in Morley to get the rest of my stuff, but jumped off the bus in Mount Lawley for a drink while we waited for them. A few ciders later and they came down to join us, miraculously via Sancha's house without any directions from us, and sadly got racially abused by her next door neighbour. Apparently he shouts at everyone because so many people mistake his house for Sancha's house, but telling them to 'go back to where they came from' was uncalled for.

Further into the night and Sancha got a call from her fella after a series of misunderstandings about their Valentine's plans. We all went down to The Deen in Northbridge and danced to samba and house till late.

photo by: cimtech