Neil's Rescue

North Sydney Travel Blog

Andy returned to the hotel room at 5am. He asked me to leave by 10am so I got up straight away and started getting my stuff together and left around 9.30am.

So I went to the internet cafe, and texted my friend Neil who I had forgotten lived in Sydney till that morning. I planned just to stay there all day till I heard from him but after about an hour and a half he called and said I was welcome to stay with him, and what's more did I want to go to a music festival later? It couldn't have come at a better time. I caught a train to North Sydney and we were soon sat out in his garden with a vodka and orange catching up on 4 years.

Neil, years ago when I promised to come and see him one day left a message on my Hi5 page

from the first time i saw you I knew you were trouble
And no amount of calming down will burst that bubble
coz no matter how old you get or how much you take the foot off the pedal
When ever I see you I think thats tannith DING DING deserves a partying GOLD MEDAL
ha ha
Love you chick hope all is well and you can afford to come out to aus real soon.
Ill throw a party in your honour! ‘

and he lived up to his promise! After several vodkas we set off for the festival where we had several more bundis (cans of brandy and coke) and danced to funky house under the sunset. At about 7pm we headed on to a gay bar (Mars Lounge), run by one of Neil's ex-work colleagues where we continued getting uproariously drunk and dancing - the bar bill was over 200 dollars! Eek! Not sure what time we got back but I was pretty ill and passed out in Neil's bed. Suffice to say he missed work next day!

North Sydney