Megha's Arrival & moving to Coogee!

Coogee Travel Blog

My travel partner Megha finally arrived today after being held up in the UK for two weeks! We had planned to stay in Bondi with a family friend but things have soured temporarily and she is eager to take off up the East Coast. I had fitful dreams last night of moving hostels and meeting new people. It seems I am both excited and also quite nervous about starting our adventure properly; we had planned to stay in Sydney for 2 months waiting for our other travel mate to arrive but here we are leaving! I have had a great time in Sydney and we are definitely going to come back to do more sight-seeing in December but we have booked the next cheap flight to go to Coolangatta on Tuesday and moved up to Coogee to be near the beach for the next 4 days. That was an experience lugging our huge rucksacks on public transport for the first time! My hips are hurting like I've walked for miles, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm not looking forward to trying it in 40 degree heat and day old clothes though.....

Coogee is a pretty small beach town, with only 2 hostels and 1 b'n'b, so we have had to pay quite a lot per night to secure a room as everything was already booked, but we probably have it good with 4 beds for the 2 of us and a secure room. It's 100 metres from the beach and it will have everything we need to ease us into our new life. I cannot wait to get on the beach tomorrow! I have been craving the cool sea ever since our snorkelling trip, so I can't wait for a cool swim on a hot day. Apparently the weather in England is miserable. Gutted. :)

photo by: keef_mon