The Greenwood

North Sydney Travel Blog

I stayed at the house relaxing today, saving money for our big day at Parklife this weekend. I was only enticed out of the house by an invitation to come down for drinks at the Greenwood just round the corner where Neil works. The Greenwood is a great bar with a big outside terrace for sunshine drinking. It's on the upstairs roof of the station shopping centre and sits high among the glass clad skyscrapers of the business district at McMahons Point. It often has big name djs here on a Sunday, I can imagine it makes a great party!

It was great meeting Neil's work mates, some of whom would also be joining us at Parklife, so no stuffy people here! I had a great time chatting to Neil's friends, Craig, Michelle and Barry and everything would have been just fine if Craig hadn't decided to get everyone 'blind' (Australian term) by buying rounds of black sambucca. Around 10pm I begged Neil to get me home safely (a matter of 3 road turns from the bar) and arm in arm we wobbled home. Next morning I woke not remembering getting home, and with a bloody knee. Neil's flatmates giggled and asked me what I could remember of when we arrived back. Let's just say I won't be drinking black sambuca again!

North Sydney Nightlife & Entertainment review
The Greenwood Bar is a roof terrace bar nestled in the top of the Greenwood Complex amid the grounds of a small chapel and towering glass skyscrapers.… read entire review
North Sydney