Disasters

North Sydney Travel Blog

So we had planned to leave for Melbourne today or tomorrow and we had to book flights for our onward journey to the west coast in February, a subject of intense negotiation for the past week. Situations have been complicated by Zoe's boyfriend Jim joining us, and by the discovery that Nin cannot hire our camper van with her green P plates (incomplete license - Australians have to take 3 tests). Any traveler will know that these little complications usually get resolved with a late but perfect solution and it is just a matter of patience and lateral thinking that gets you to the best resolution. But still, it was 5pm, I had 7 hours to book flights (Virgin Blue sale) and still no set plan to suit all 4 of us.

Finally a convenient solution presented itself! And I set about booking flights with relief and delight. Only to recieve a call from Janin telling me she'd just crashed her car and so destroyed the cash cow she'd been relying on to pay for our trip to the west.

Furthermore, when I went to book Zoe's and my bus out of here tomorrow I discovered with dismay that every bus, coach and train out of here is booked up for the next 3 days! I finally found a train with some final seats available for Friday and booked them hastily.

I'm hoping things will look up when we start to move again. It has been hard being so static for the past 3 weeks and I have been frustrated with the situation. I am missing Megha heaps and things haven't been working out according to plan. I'm just looking forward to being on the road again...!

North Sydney