The Flight

Sydney Travel Blog

I had an amazing trip to Australia! Far from being the 29 hour ordeal I expected, Emirates airline made it spectacularly easy to endure and the flights aren't reallly so long at 7 hours and 14 hours respectively. The TVs in every seat back are fully interactive with a choice of 150 films, TV series, 40 computer games, an interactive 'gym' (keep your limbs moving), a wide choice of albums, radio, local destination information, flight information and cameras in the front and bottom of the plane so you can see what the pilot can see in take-off and landing. Amazingly I didn't once pick up my mp3 player or book in the whole journey!

I thought I could beat the jetlag and immediatley tried to move to Sydney time as soon as I got on the plane discovering with dismay that 10pm my time meant it was 7am Sydney time. I decided to try and stay awake till local time midnight-ish and then sleep 9 hours till our arrival 6am in Sydney. If only it was so simple. I managed to stay awake all day (great practice I have accrued with clubbing and crack ons) but couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time, so only managed about 5 hours in the whole 29 hours. Food was mostly good, but I felt pretty stuffed after 2 breakfasts, one brunch and 2 dinners in a one day period! Good thing I have lots of swimming to look forward to...

Sydney