Journey Underway

Las Vegas Travel Blog

 › entry 1 of 11 › view all entries
Relaxing in Pittsburgh

My parents picked me up at my house around 2. My cat sulked on my bedroom floor while I grabbed a few last items. She allowed me to pick her up and put her on the bed but her displeasure at my departure was obvious.

The drive to Pittsburgh was easy even with some construction at the river and then at the airport entrance ramp from the freeway. I just needed to check one bag so we went up to Southwest ticketing. There was a large Transformer-like statue there which I thought was cool. It took maybe 5 minutes to print my luggage tag and drop my bag. One clerk helpfully tagged my checked piece as Transfer. I think it weighed 24 pounds, kind of wonder how heavy the backpack is.

Back down on the main level we looked at the screens to see how long my flight was delayed: only 15 minutes to 5:20.

Airport slot machines
Security was a breeze, under 10 minutes and everything went through on the first try!

I caught the underground train to the main terminal where I ordered Chick-fil-a and tucked myself in an unpopulated corner with a place to plug on and charge!

The waiting area for my flight was very crowded, partially because another flight was also scheduled for the gate. However, I just settled by the moving sidewalk along with other passengers until Southwest started lining us up.

I was part of the B group to load. They announced that it was a full flight so once on the plane, I simply found a middle seat which happened to be between two guys heading out to Vegas to watch an upcoming fight.

The flight went pretty smoothly, just a little conversation amongst the three of us. Once on the ground in Las Vegas, I found my next gate with plenty of time. I talked a little bit with the woman sitting next to me while we waited to board.

This flight I snagged an aisle seat (A group boarding makes that easier) but with it being another full flight, I ended up in a full row. The guy next to me was Navy and we talked for at least half the flight.

On the ground in Seattle I headed to baggage claim where I was very happy to see my suitcase show up in a short time frame. From here I made my way out to the shuttles and placed a call to my hotel. The large van appeared a little later and several of us got in.

Check-in at the hotel didn't take too long and I was grateful to settle in to my room for the night.

Suusj says:
Congrats on the feature :)
Posted on: Jul 29, 2017
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Relaxing in Pittsburgh
Relaxing in Pittsburgh
Airport slot machines
Airport slot machines
Las Vegas
photo by: maka77