Home sweet home with Giardia

Auckland Travel Blog

For the flight from Gold Coast back to Auckland, I was seated back in my allocated seat squashed between two people. They were interesting enough, especially the lady to my right.  She looks completely African but has a Chinese name and carried a Hong Kong passport.  We got chatting.  She speak and writes both Mandarin and Cantonese and studies in Taipei.  Her father is Chinese but monther Nigerian.  And in her B&W passport photo, she looked quite Chinese.  I wonder if she ever has trouble getting through immigration in any country!

Then I noticed that one of the crew was from Uzbekistan from the flag on her badge.  She was very impressed when I told her that I had just been to her embassy in KL for a visa and was off to her homeland soon.

The flight landed in Auckland 15 minutes late and I was picked up by Kim, who had only arrived back last night.  End of another trip comprising of multiple and varied adventures.

Edit:  I went to the doctor and got myself tested for my long-lasting  but slight tummy troubles.  Positive with giardia. Because of the timing and incubation period, I put it down to the glass of tap water I had upon arrival at the apartment in Gran Canaria.  It was the perfect weight loss programme ... only two half days of real problem, and long-lasting appetite "suppresion" resulting in 2kg of weight loss!  Special antibiotics wil put an end to that though.  If I could bottle it, I'd make a lot of money.  Plus I had a middle ear infection too which didn't appear to respond to antibiotics which possibly was viral rather than bacterial.

Auckland