There's no place like home... return to the land of Oz
Sydney Travel Blog› entry 44 of 89 › view all entries
It's been a busy time with my parents as I've shown them the places that I love and took them to the great restaurants that I can (no longer) afford. Now, that am gainfully unemployed, I have taken a part-time job as a banker / change house for my parents, exchanging American for Australian dollars at generous rates (man, that American dollar is slipping...even more quickly in the Bank du Nicole!)
My treat for them was booking us in the Westin Sydney, a truly luxurious hotel. Using the points earned through an arduous 3-year stint in consulting (planning and booking holiday parties, dashing to pay for expensive market reports, and all those late night taxis), I was able to book a $300 / night room for free. I don't know if I can go back to regular hotel rooms now! Although it will happen soon, as I have essentially run out of points.
Highlights thus far in Sydney:
* Visiting the Taronga Zoo and seeing the baby gorilla, bird show, and my favorite, the Australian Nocturnal House
* Taking my parents to see Cinderella at the Sydney Opera House. I unfortunately have not conquered my narcolepsy when it comes to operas, Shakespeare, and classes after lunch (Macroeconomics, Analysis of Classic Spanish Literature, British Rock N Roll)
* Bondi to Tamarama walk (I know, a bit truncated), followed by an enormous seafood lunch at Nick's at Bondi - delish!
* Bill's brunch with my parents and the LEK girls
* Being the first people in for Sunday lunch at BBQ King and walking around Chinatown / getting down with my peeps
There's not too many pictures because I took way too many when I lived here!