How it all began...

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

It all started back in early 2015 when we were thinking of our next big trip, we thought about where we wanted to go and Antarctica popped up as a place we desired to go and our last continent but the question remained.. could we afford it?

We started our research and I just happened to be chatting with my good friend and Travbuddy Hali (Halilee) and she happened to mention that there was a big Travbuddy meetup planned for Feb 2017. Hell that is when we were planning to go!  So it was after much thinking and financial planning we decided to join them.  JR (jjguiness) was the organiser so we swapped details and ideas and starting the planning process. The final decision was to go with Chimu Adventures an Australian Adventure company as they offered big earlybird discounts.  We booked it in May that year to get the big discounts, we saved thousands of dollars on a private room.  The ship we would be going on was the Sea Spirit, a mid range ship so should be quite comfortable. Now we had locked it in we had less than 2 years to start saving for it! Even with the savings it was still a trip that cost big bucks, but hell you only live once and this was our last continent so was an opportunity not to miss.

18 Travbuddies put themselves down to go. Out of the 16 (18 including ourselves)  I had only met Hali and Bryan (Besandri) I soon got to know more through Facebook friendships.

We decided Antarctica would be part of a much bigger trip. After spending a year traveling the world in 2013/2014 settling back down into normality was proving to be difficult, some changes needed to be made and another trip was something we wanted to do, we hadn’t finished with this big wide world yet!  Antarctica was only part of the next big plan.  Over the course of two years I studied to change my career from IT to something I would enjoy – Travel of course!. We made plans to sell our home as the next trip would have no end date plus we had enough of city life and planned to move more country on our return.

Our next trip would start January 29th2017 with nearly three months planned in South America visiting Argentina, Chile and Uruguay and of course Antarctica.

So here we are just landed in Buenos Aires having spent the last two years studying, saving, selling our home and finally quitting our jobs!  We are in the foyer of Circus Hostel excited about the amazing journey about to begin and sharing a portion of it with 16 of our Travbuddies.

Our South America blog will be separate from our Antarctica blog.. so more to come!

Bluenose says:
About bloody time you wrote something.
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured blog. Well done.
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured blog today!