Preparing early!

Washington Travel Blog

Preparations have begun for my next adventure! I’ll be heading to Uganda shortly for a birding tour with a couple days trekking to find chimpanzees and the endangered mountain gorillas! I’m not sure why I am hoping a trek through somewhere called the Impenetrable Forest would be a walk in the park but hopefully seeing gorillas in the wild will be the reward. There are no guarantees though but while I’m hoping to see them, I am also hoping that they will be closer rather than farther. But I’m getting my knee shots and my hip shots and stocking up on all my OTC pain relievers too.

I’m treating my clothes with permethrin, gathering my field guides, trying to learn a little Swahili, narrowing my choices of what to take and what not to and organizing things. This time I will have everything organized! Yeah, right, that usually ends sometime before I get to the airport and I realize I’ve packed something I want to carry with me…..

I am going to try and do a travel blog on this trip but internet may be limited so my updates may be delayed. Or I may be just too tired! Or too lazy! We shall see.