Overnight at Heathrow

Heathrow Travel Blog

The Pod that shuttles you from airport to hotel!

Barring Antarctica, South America is the continent I was yet to visit, and I figured it was high time to change all that. For as long as I can remember, Peru has always been the top of the list.

Why? Well, Machu Picchu for one, a magical, mysterious Incan citadel known the world over for being mankind’s finest high altitude architectural achievement. But there’s more too – the Peruvian lifestyle, traditional culture, fabulous food, colonial towns and sweeping lake vistas (of which Lake Titicaca is most famous).

It being my first time in South America, there was a little trepidation accompanying my excitement. My Spanish is pretty bad for one! So it was fortunate for me that Romel (ilovenewjersey) was joining me on this trip, a top guy who I’d previously met in the Philippines a year prior. He had spent about 6 weeks prior exploring South America with other Travbuddies – Hali (Halilee) and Brian (Besandri) being the two I knew best, and had rather bailed me out by booking this whole trip…on the basis of my suggested itinerary! Talk about being a true gentleman.

My flight was very early – 7:25am – so rather than grapple with a bus to the airport in the wee hours, I opted to stay overnight at Heathrow’s Terminal 5. This gave me the chance to test out the famous pods that connect the terminal with the car park/nearby hotels, which are fun to use and best described as a monorail and a cable car. Here I grabbed some food and an early night ready for the long haul flight the next day.

vicIII says:
You did it! Congratulations!:)
Posted on: Apr 26, 2017
DAO says:
Congratulations! You are featured on the homepage today!
Posted on: Apr 26, 2017
mountaingirl says:
Congrats on the featured blog :)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2017
The Pod that shuttles you from air…
The Pod that shuttles you from ai…
Heathrow Hotels & Accommodations review
Useful and Comfortable
Arrive at this place via the Terminal 5 pods and first impressions aren’t stellar. The rundown, brown brick façade makes it look more like dilapida… read entire review
Heathrow