Preparing the trip

Roeselare Travel Blog

Easter weekend is a three days free till the Monday, we plan to leave on Friday to take the advantage of the long weekend. I still got to go work on the Friday, but I stop at 1:30 pm. It wasn't a pleasant day at work as I'm continuously thinking if I have everything it gets me nervous, instead of relaxing before departure but no, I feel rushed. I'm terrible on the day of departure, I feel better and relaxed once in the car.

Didier took a day off that day to prepare things, we're going with his car as it is bigger than mine. Our luggage is ready, exactly 2:00pm we leave, Friday afternoon is busy and traffic is everywhere. But I always saying - we're on holiday no need to hurry.

We live near the border of France, either going in different direction we have an easy access, that's the advantage. Road trip to France is good, but sometimes is boring driving on the same road. Well, the easiest and fastest road to Normandy is driving through Paris, however the motorway is not free, toll fees apply and can be expensive. Credit cards are acceptable in any toll booths in France. Paris is a chaotic city for motorist especially on Friday afternoon, but is something we can't avoid.

From Roselare to Honfleur takes more than three hours drive, we only stop once for bathroom, we want to to get there before dark. And we made it there before six o'clock, we have our apparment booked outside the center in Honfleur for an easy parking. When we arrived we have a nice welcomed with the owners.

Roeselare