Overnight Stopover in KL

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

KLIA - Fresh off the plane!
OK. This was it. Finally a taste of another country, away from the comfortable surrounds of urban Adelaide in South Australia. Touching down at KLIA around 9PM, my feet were finally touching foreign soil.
I was consumed with an immense feeling of anticipation at the journey to come.
I was travelling with my mate Ben and once we had sorted out the slightly confusing shuttle system from  the arrivals section to the customs area, we boarded a bus to take us to the Concorde Inn where we were staying overnight.

The hotel was on the outskirts of a huge palm plantation, so the smell of green jungle was strong in the humid night air. Once we had checked into our room, we rang our friend's mobile to tell him we had arrived so he could catch up with us. After arranging to meet in the hotel's cafe area we walked over there to have some food (we were ravenous after the poor airplane meal) and some drinks while we waited.

It seemed to be taking a long time for Mario to arrive so we headed back to our room and called him. He said "I'm here, in the lobby." So we went to the lobby and there was no sign of him. That was strange so we headed back to the room and called again, finding out he had gone to the Concorde HOTEL in the heart of KL whilst we were at the Concorde INN, just near the airport...some miscommunication going on there!

Anyway, by the time he finally got there it was around 1am. The wait was worth it though to see our friend again after many months. We went for a drive to a local cafe/bar/restaurant and had some cokes and by around 3am, it was time to get to bed to make sure we got on the flight to Hanoi next morning.

While it was a quick catch up that night, we were spending the last week or so of our
trip in Kuala Lumpur with Mario, so with well wishes and the promise of catching up properly then, we said goodnight.