Algarve Shopping & The Sand Sculptures

Guia Travel Blog

On Thursday at 4pm we were picked up by a coach which was to bring us to the Algarve Shopping centre in Albufeira and the on to the Sand Sculptures festival near Guia. After boarding the bus we stopped for a couple of other passengers and when we arrived at Club Praia de Rocha, there was smoke bellowing from the back of the bus. The bus A/C compressor was after blowing and we had to get out and wait for a new coach to come along and pick us up. This wait set us back at least an hour and we wished we stayed at the hotel as we would be still out by the pool had we not gone on this trip!

Eventually the new coach arrived and brought us to the Algarve Shopping centre where we were given 1.5 hours to shop til we dropped. Now Jill is fond of her shopping but I was the one who did well on this trip. I picked up a nice new pair of sunglasses, a Massimo Dutti shirt, a new hooded top and some sandals to replace the ones that had been cutting up my feet for the past number of days.

After the shopping we boarded the bus once again and went to the Sand Sculptures, at which the theme was the "Wonders of the World". Now I don't have the lead for my camera with me, but as soon as I get home I will be putting the pictures of this up and I must say they are very impressive. The sculptures are truly amazing! We were given an hour and a half there which was far too long and the lights failed so we didn't get to see them lit up, which was a pity, but all in all they were well worth seeing! Be sure to look out for my photos after I add them next week!

Resources Reviews