started traveling on my own.

Shanghai Travel Blog

windows(outside) cleaning on the 88th floor at jin mao tower

On my third day in Shanghai, my friend and I were checking out and  I checked in again to a drom room. It was 4 beds and comfortable and pretty wide bed AND they gave me discount!  Went to the nearest station with my friend and said goodbye and my new traveliling on my own has began! I've never 'traveled' by myself before except flying by myself. So I felt a bit lonely and sad first but also I felt free.

Where I should go first, I thought..  I decided to go to Pudong to see TV tower and Jin Mao tower. I had to transfer to get to Pudong and when i was walking to the another platform, chinese woman started to talking to me in chinese, of course.

Jin Mao tower
Well, I know only 'thanks', 'hello' and some numbers. So I had NO idea what she was talking about so I said 'haha, I don't know what you are talking about, bye!' with a smile! hehe. Wonder what she was saying..   I wanted to go up to the TV tower but Jin Mao tower was cheaper and less crowded so I went to Jim Mao tower. There was NOBODY! haha!! I arrived at Jin Mao tower. Looking for where to buy a ticket to go up for about 5 minutes. It was downstairs.. WHY downstairs?? Anyway, I got a ticket and waited for the elevator and here I go! Took 45 seconds to go up. Went to 88th floor(340.1m). The weather that day was cloudy so the view wasn't clear but I could still see. When I was walking around, I saw people outside and they were cleaning windows. Oh ya! at 88th floor. How dangerous!! They were smiling at me though.
TV tower/pearl tower
. I took a pic of them and waved my hands and said byeeee!! They looked happy. There was another reason why I wanted to come to Jin Mao tower. I wanted to see the hotel from inside of tower. In Jin Mao tower,  they have Grand Hyatt hotel(53rd to 87th floor) and you can see it from 88th floor. It was awesome!! I've never seen a hotel this way. Wish I could stay there :P

After that, I went to TV tower and took some pictures and went shopping next to TV tower! woohoo!!!! Haven't gone shopping for a few weeks. I was tired so went to starbucks to relax. Right before sunset, I went back to TV tower cuz I wanted to see the lights. I was sitting in front of the tower with other chinese people who i don't know. Behind me was really grassy and my body was really itchy.

HAHA, it was mosquitos.. that's why!!!! Around 6:30pm, the tower started to lighting up. It was pretty!

Went back to the mall and went down to the supermarket to buy some snacks for train trip to Beijing and some buns for dinner..

When I got back to the hostel, I asked a girl who's in tour desk, to book a seat to Beijing.  I knew they had lots of different types of seats but she just picked one which seems she does it all the time to us. I don't remember what's it call but I'm sure it was the most safe seat with 4 beds. Here's the sad thing.. It costs about 1,000yuan. When she said the price, I was like.. 'Huh? how much did you say?' it's like going to tokyo from nagoya. one way and a half. haha!!  But then.. Shanghai to Beijing takes about 11-12 hours and you can sleep and it's a round trip so it's not that expensive. I paid, not much left. OH NO! So I made a rule - don't spend money for snacks :P  I spent pretty a lot the day before already. The good thing was I was alone. yes! don't need to go to fancy resntaurants or anything! hahaha

Since this day, I started to watch chinese people a lot and write it down to my journal. Pretty fun to see the journal now! haha

windows(outside) cleaning on the 8…
windows(outside) cleaning on the …
inside of jim mao tower