back to Shanghai

Shanghai Travel Blog

Nanjing rd

Arrived in Shanghai at 7am.  This time, I could sleep so I wasn't so tired. Only I needed a few more hours to sleep in.. :)

Got back to the same hostel, checked emails, did some laundry,  and lazy around for a while. Left hostel at noon and went to Henghan Rd. According to my guidbook, there are some nice cafe and shops. Really? I couldn't find any!!! Was walking on the street, and started to raining all the sudden! Heavy rain for about 15-20minutes. I couldn't wait any longer so I went to Chruch and I was all wet! Attended English service but at the entrance, a middle age guy looked at me and thought I was Chinese. Chinese people are not allow to enter to English service so I said, 'I'm not Chinese' in English, he was like 'ahh.

beautiful night view
.' . haha!! Yup, I look like them! It was freezing cold there.  I realized everywhere I go is SO COLD!!!! And I didn't bring any cardigans cuz I thought it'd be very hot and didn't think of inside!  After I had coffee at starbucks, went shopping to get a cardigan. Is it because it's summer or what!? It was so hard to find one cardigan. I finally found them at Chinese brand shop. It was an okay one so I got it. Now I can go anywhere :P

At that night, I went to bund to see a night view. Rain again!!! But this time is much shorter and lighter. Wow this place is so crowded at night and the view is amazing!!!!!!!  Just kept taking pictures. I was there for about one and a half hours. haha. I loved the view here :D

Day 9 (the last day in China) :

This is my last day.

night view in shanghai
. What I should to? OH! buying souvenirs and food for ferry. I hated food on the ferry and it was expensive!  Got omiyage and food also wanted to give my subway card that i used all the time. I heard if I give it back, I could get my deposit back. I went to ticket center and told the guy to return the card but the guy didn't say ok. I had no idea what he said but there was an old lady on my right side and saying something with 10yuan bills so i thought she wanted it. I didn't care who she was and what she was saying but I gave it to her and got 10 yuan. yay!!! I got money back!! It's just 10yuan though.. pretty much nothing in Japanese yen..

Anyway, got back to the hostel and took a nap. WOW I slep too long!!! I didn't pack so I did and hoped there would be no more typhoon on the way back!

johan0604 says:
Nice to read ths again.
This give me nice memories when i read it.
我回上海 shanghai ni kaeritai!!!
Posted on: Apr 06, 2008
bung
bung
my room :)
my room :)
my lovely roommates from south kor…
my lovely roommates from south ko…
Shanghai