Intro

Argentina Travel Blog

First, in April of 1997, I had to make a quick trip down to Argentina. It was a good opportunity to practice the Spanish I have been trying to learn through a computer-based Berlitz Spanish course. I have been trying to do this for awhile, but it is difficult to find the time to put into it. Spanish would be very useful for work and travelling and relatively easy with already knowing some French.

Then, in November 2001, it was Buenos Aires, Bariloche and San Martín de los Andes. I got to spend quite a bit more time this go around - from November 22 to December 3, 2001. I was mostly in San Carlos de Bariloche, but also "had" to spend a couple of nights in Buenos Aires and another night in San Martin de los Andes. Gorgeous scenery and fabulous weather - absolutamente!

And now, I've just returned again. I was in Argentina from June 4 to June 13, 2004. This time I spent a couple of forced nights in Buenos Aires (not such a hardship!) and the rest of the time in Iguazú. The falls are very impressive and we got to see them during an equally impressive lightning storm! Spectacular! (if a little unnerving).

Literary references:

In Patagonia, by Bruce Chatwin
Memory of Fire: Faces & Masks, by Eduardo Galeano (ISBN 0-393-31806-0 v. 2)

• Pros: Great food, beer and wine.
  • Cons: Long flight from Canada.
  • In a nutshell: I love it and would go back again in a flash!
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured blog. Well done.
Posted on: Feb 15, 2017
Paulovic says:
Congrats on being featured! Well done!
Posted on: Feb 15, 2017