oye como va...

Madrid Travel Blog

I booked my ticket to Madrid on Aer Lingus and ended up with a six hour layover in Dublin. I wasn't sure if I would have time to leave the airport and get a bite to eat...turned out I did! My first stop was the currency exchange in the airport where I gasped as I watched my American dollars devalue right before my very eyes. I headed over to the tourism counter and asked if I had time to go to Dublin. She told me no, but the flight attendant and the currency chick had both told me yes so I took the majority vote and bought a round trip ticket on the airline express bus for 6 euros(note if you buy the ticket on the bus it's six euros each way). I got off the bus on the famed O'connell street and had a bit of a walk around in the Temple Bar area, I met up with another New Yorker(she had a guide book and I wanted to look at it)we ended up having breakfast and beers together. Dublin seems a cool place and I have put it on my list of cities I want to get to in the near future. Cobblestones, precious houses, and beer. Also appears to have a lot going on. Now I am in Madrid, my sleep schedule completely out of whack up at 6am. The apartment search and job hunt are looming...actually I think I found an apartment but since all parties involved were drunk I will need further confirmation.
5,728 km (3,559 miles) traveled