Visiting my Brother From Another Mother

Cancun Travel Blog

Endless Beaches

Cancun was both a social visit as well as a logistic stepping stone.  I've been to Cancun maybe six times now spanning many years.  I've seen the town grow to be the epitome of the tourist beach summer break destination.

But of my last few visits, each one has had one consistency - my friend Memo.  We met many years earlier when I was living in Edmonton.  Although our mother tongues are different, we are brothers.  We've met in several corners of Mexico, Canada and of course Cancun.  His family treats me as one of their own, his little son calls me uncle.  Its the extension of my family south of the border.

My Mexican family was gracious as always, entertaining me, feeding me and introducing me to little parts of Mexico that I didn't know, like Puerto Morelos and pescadillas.  While at work, he helped me arrange things such as having a rental car literally delivered right to me as I had an ice cream in a city park.

HORSCHECK says:
Dave, congrats on your featured blog. Well done and well deserved. Greetings from Germany.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2017
DAO says:
As featured on the Homepage!
Posted on: Mar 09, 2017