The day it rained... and rained...and rained

London Travel Blog

Loz and Me at Cocktail Bar

I woke this morning to severe flood warning over most of England.. towns that had only just got over floods a couple of weeks ago where bracing for their second coming.

Lauren had taken the day off work so that we could travel to Brighton for the day, but the chance of getting stranded there as most train lines were predicted flooded and closed by late afternoon, was too high. So we had a girly DVD day in.

I went to the supermarket (sorry to sidetrack, but this was no ordinary supermarket, the Sainsburys in Dulwich is HUGE!! and had EVERYTHING you could ever imagine, plus self check out which is a concept that was completely new to me and a big novelty.... I made an excuse to go there at least once every day while I was staying at Lauren's) around lunchtime to get supplies and got caught in a huge downpoor of a force I have never seen before. In a matter of minutes the dips in the streets had water in them up to my knees and crossing them was "interesting".

By late afternoon the rain had passed and you would never have guessed that it had even rained hours before. Lauren and I took advantage of this break in the rain to head to a cocktail bar called Liquorice in a trendy street called Lordship lane, where we settled in for the night to work our way through the cocktail menu. We were later joined by Ben and an Aussie mate of his, and a good night was had by all.

London