A day at Windsor Castle

London Travel Blog

Windsor Castle

The household woke with very sore heads this morning. We slowly stired and got ready for a very Royal day at Windsor Castle.

We caught the train out to the gorgeous town of Windsor and arrive at the Castle just in time for the 11am changing of the guard (was good but not a grand as the one at Buckingham Palace.. but on the other had this meant I could actually see something unlike at Buckingham Palace.. so much better).

The Palace itself is amazing and I was surprised how much the public is allowed to see. Its well worth the trip out to see. Not to mention the township there. I am constantly amazed by the beauty of the smaller town in England.. to be honest I enjoy exploring them more than I do London city (possibly because I have been to London before) We spend many hours wondering through shops. Lauren & Ben picked up many bargains (at least they are bargains when you are earning Pounds).

That evening we went out for Tapas at a lovely Spanish restaurant with Mark & Ryan (Lauren & I worked with Ryan in Melbourne). Was great to see the boys, and it was a fantastic meal (better than most in London).

Me & Loz at Windsor Castle