Travel to Washington DC

Washington Travel Blog

Time to head to Washington DC. I took a Taxi to Chinatown where I boarded a bus to Washington. I wouldn’t recommend this way of getting there. It is cheap but it is also nasty! A very long tip.. took about 6 hours to get to Washington and they tend to drop you in the middle of nowhere when you get there. Upon arriving a Washington I hailed a Taxi which took me to my accommodation. I was staying at a hotel called “The Allen Lee Hotel” which is located in the middle of GW University, between all the frat houses and very close to Froggy Bottom station. The hotel was not flash, but the rooms where simple and clean, but very well priced and had free internet access.

I headed out to explore Washington, and found the centre of town. I was very excited to get my first glimpse of the White House and the Washington Monument. The White House was the one thing I wanted to see more than anything while in Washington. I am a huge fan of the TV show “The West Wing” so the White House has become a bit of a fascination of mine.

That evening I got Hungry Jacks and returned to the hotel for the evening.

photo by: b93sp