Travel to LA

New York Travel Blog

I woke to the sound of Thunder and the flashing lights of Lightning through my hotel window.  I was heading to LA and was excited to be heading to the Sun. As I checked out at reception, I found out that many of the Subway lines had been closed because of flooding after the overnight rain and that getting to the airport was a nightmare. I was very happy that I had booked a private Limousine transfer rather than relying on AirLink to get to the airport.

The car picked my cup right on time and we headed to the airport. It had taken the poor driver 4 hours to get back into Manhattan from his last airport run.

Upon arriving at JFK airport I found out that many people had been unable to get to their early morning flights and there were heaps of people waiting on standby. I was lucky that my flight wasn’t until early evening.

I arrived in LA at 10pm and was happy to be greeted by Dave(Dave on travbuddy) a friend I had made on my Europe Contiki tour in 2005. We had kept in contact and I was very happy to seeing him again. The weather was fantastic as I arrive very warm, not too hot not too cold, just perfect. Dave took me for an Ice-cream sandwich I think it was called. I have never had one before and it was nice. Ice-cream between to cookies... can’t go too far wrong with that!

At about 12.30am that night LA had an earthquake (4.5). At the time I didnt know what was going on. Seems like a very LA experience.

New York