London Travel Blog

London Bridge

Today I got up fairly early and headed into London to the "Tower of London". Although the lines are often long and today was no exception, the Tower of London is worth seeing. The hightlight would have to be seeing the Crown Jewells. Whilst the buidling themselves where more often than not used to hold or torture prisoners in the past, they are surprisingly nice and spectacular buildings to tour. And to top it off I walked across the London Bridge. I have seen the bridge before, but didnt walk across it last time so I wanted to do that this time.

I was also changing accomodation today from Lauren and Ben's house to Maryanne and Brendon's in Kilburn, on the opposite side of London. I met Maryanne in London after work and we headed to her house. Maryanne and Brendon's place is a classic example of making the most of space. Behind a single red door and a building frontage you could emagine more than one or two units, but as the Londoner's do so well, it is an entire ampartment complex. I was so great to be catching up with Maryanne and Brendon, and being able to have some quality time with Mez.

In the evening Mez took me for a walk to see the famous Abbey Road crossing and the Abbey road studio. Although I am not a big beatles fan, it was still pretty cool!

Abbey Road Crossing