Shopping & Phantom of the Opera

New York Travel Blog

Today was a day spent on Fifth Avenue..... I shopped and I shopped and I shopped. Wish I had more room in my luggage. The best shop was Lord & Taylor where I bought a lovely pair of shoes. The staff there were the nicest I have come across in New York, very helpful and they even smiled!!

On my way back to the hotel I detoured to Macy’s and was delighted to find Sarah Jessica Parker doing her fragrance release. I got a pretty good look at her and a photo which was pretty good considering the security that surrounded her. Very exciting though.. very New York!!

That evening I went to Phantom of the Opera. Phantom is my favourite ever theatre experience, and this was the 3rd time I had seen it. I have seen it in Melbourne, London and now New York, I must say though that the West End audiences are a lot more sophisticated  in the etiquette of theatre going. The New York performance was no less impressive than any other I had seen but was partly ruined by the people around me. To my right I had a couple who insisted on talking the whole way through the performance despite my continual request to quiet, and to my left I had a man who constantly cleared his throat and snort all night.. Talk about annoying!!! But otherwise it was still one of the best nights of my trip.

New York