Sex and the City

New York Travel Blog

Me on Carrie's stoop.

I woke up very excited as today was the day I had waited 6 season for..... The Sex and the City Tour. I spent the morning walking up Fifth Avenue, one of the most exclusive shopping strips in the world. The most expensive shops I have ever seen and stores including, Tiffany & Co, D & G, Armani and Burgdorf Goodman. Seemed to the perfect way to start my Sex & The City day.

I met the tour at the fountain outside the Plaza Hotel and we boarded a coach to show us the sights. We saw the gym where Miranda works out, the Meat packing district where Samantha lived, and lots of restaurants where they filmed and we had a cocktail at Steve & Aiden’s bar. We visited the Pleasure Chest where the girls purchased their “rabbits”. We had our photo taken on Carrie’s stoop and enjoyed a cup cake from Mulberry Bakery. It was a great afternoon and I met a lovely girl Jan, from London who was also doing the tour on her own. I would recommend the tour to any Sex and the City fan.

I had a quiet evening that night with a genuine New York City hot dog purchased from a corner vendor. This is another strange concept for me. The only time you purchase food from a street vendor at home would be on the way home from a HUGE night and you would expect to be very sick the next morning. But it seems to be ok in New York, and the hot dogs are certainly worth the risk, YUMMY!!!

Me on Carries stoop.