Notting Hill, Covert Garden, Big Ben & The Heath

London Travel Blog

Big Ben

Cought the train to Notting Hill. Wanted to see if any of its famous markets where on and to have a look around the area as I had heard it was pretty nice. The only markets that were on where the fruit and Veggie market, so I picked up some beautiful fresh raspberries. I was true that Notting Hill is lovely, almost as nice a Knightsbridge, but not so many high price stores. Lots of cute little stores and antiques. Fairly trendy.

I headed into Covert Garden, as I alway love the atmosphere there and the markets there is great fun. Not to mention all the street performers to keep you entertained.

I then headed towards Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey and the London Eye. I love this area, everything is so grand, but at this time of the year it is so busy with tourists that navigating your way around is a nightmare. I am alway reminded of a line from a National Lampoons movies "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament".

After dinner that night Maryanne took me for a walk to Hampstead Heath known by locals as "The Heath" a massive reserve, where people jog, walk and make the most of the fantastic outdoor space. From the top you get a lovely view over London.

The Heath
The London Eye
View of London from Hampstead Heath
View of London from Hampstead Heath
Me and Mez at The Heath
Me and Mez at "The Heath"
London