Dave's tour of LA - Part 2

Los Angeles Travel Blog

The Getti Centre

This was the last day of my holiday, before boarding the flight back to Melbourne. Dave took me to the Getti Centre, an amazing museum, which as you would expect in California had achieve a great mix of indoor and outdoor. The art was fantastic but it was the architecture of the Museum itself that fascinated me more than anything. The gardens that blended with the building made it a very enjoyable experience.

While we were at the Getti Centre, Dave receive a call from his brother who was moving that day and was having trouble with his stubborn cat that he could not get into the carry cage. So it was Danielle and Dave to the rescue!!! Now this car was possessed!!!! It was the angriest cat you could ever imagine. Eventually Dave’s brother was able to get hold of him and his trip to his new home begun.

We then continued our tour for the day, heading to Malibu and to Manhattan Beach.

Manhattan Beach - LA
There was a Vollyball tournament on at Manhattan Beach so there were people everywhere. The house around this area are amazing and in prime position. It struck me a strange how close the houses are built to the beach. In Australia most beaches have sand dunes and trees and usually a road between the beach and any houses, so they are kept more in their natural state, so it seemed really weird to have houses built on the beach, not bad, just different!!

Sadly then it was time for me to go to the airport for the dreaded 16 hour flight home. I arrive at LAX to discover that the custom computer system was down and that heaps of flights were delayed. Because of this there were people everywhere, and a up to an hour wait on food at any of the outlets. I decided to go through the security check and get something to eat through there, because there are always shops and food behind the Security check.

Dave at Manhattan Beach
. right.. Not at LAX. Worst airport I have ever been too. I had two hours to wait until boarding my flight and there was nowhere to get a drink or anything to eat – very strange.

I couldn’t help but be happy to hear the Aussie accents of the Qantas staff. After two weeks in the US, I have to admit that the American accent (mainly the NY accent) can get a bit much.

Anyway, we boarded our flight about half an hour late and once seated were told that customs had not finished with our luggage and we had to wait for it to be loaded. They just as the pilot announced we could leave, a place broke down behind us and we had to wait for it to be towed away. Then an hour and a half after boarding, we finally started moving.

The Getti Centre gardens