Dave's tour of LA

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Venice Beach

Dave took me on a driving tour of LA. The highways of LA can only be described as a maze. I really can’t see how any tourist could ever find their way around without a car and a local to help them out. I was very grateful to have Dave as my personal tour guide and look forward to being able to do the same for him when he visits Australia (hopefully in the near future).

He took me to the essential places such as Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive (I wish I had the money to shop there) and to UCLA as he is a student there. It sure is an amazing campus. He took me to see the stars and the hand prints of the stars.

During the late afternoon we stopped at Venice Beach (Muscle Beach -" luckily only one man working out -" don’t think I could have handled seeing any more -" Gross). The atmosphere at Venice Beach is great. The beach is lined with people selling all sorts of things, doing performance art etc. We then went to a great Chinese restaurant and had a lovely meal.

We then headed to Santa Monica Pier, which is like nothing I have ever seen before. It was basically a carnival on the Pier. The huge Ferris Wheel was the centre piece. We wandered through the main Santa Monica shopping strip which also had a buzz about it that you don’t find many places and went to see a movie. Movies are so cheap there, about half the price of Australia.

Me & Dave at Santa Monica Pier