Arriving in London

London Travel Blog

I arrive at Heathrow at the ungodly hour of 5.25am after very little sleep on the 23 hour flight. Collected my luggage and took the tube into Leicester Sq, cought a bus out to, a friend who I used to work with Lauren and her partner Ben's appartment in East Dulwich. Arriving at their place at about 7.30, very excited to be seeing Lauren for the first time in ages. Lauren headed off to work and I relaxed at there house for a while. At the point were I was about to fall asleep on the couch I decided that I need to stay awake forl the day in order to get a full nights sleep that night, and so the logical thing to do when you are too tired to keep your eyes open is to head in to London city!!

Caught the bus into Oxford Street, which even when in the best of moods is a crush of people and extremely frustrating to navigate, but in the zomby like state I was in was a nightmare!! Anyway wondered around for a few hours, reminded (from my last trip) just how expensive everything in London is (for an Aussie girl) and that shopping would not play any part of the London part of my trip.

Headed back home for a quiet and early night to bed.

London