Israel in Octobre 2015

Israel Travel Blog

Telavive

Against a resolution of ONU in 1947, the partition of Palestine into two states, one for Jews and another for Arabs, was not held. In 1948, the State of Israel was proclamed by David Ben-Gurion, a major Zionist leader and the first prime-ministre of the country. This new state was invaded by seven Arab countries. As the War was lost, many Palestinians were expelled from their own land.
In June 1967, three years after the foundation of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), considered a terrorist organization by the USA and Israel until the Madrid Conference in 1991, Israel, under the 3rd of the Arab-Israeli wars, captured the Sinai Peninsula, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Old City of Jerusalem and the Golan Height.
After the creation of the Palestinian National Authority, liderated by Yasser Arafat, Oslo Accords in 1993, a great opportunity was gained for Palestine. However, in 2001 Ariel Sharon, Israel's prime-ministre, began the construction of an wall to separate West Bank, recognized as illegal, a few years later, by the International Court of Justice. In 2004 died Arafat and then Mahmud Abbas was the leader of PLO. During this period, Israel eliminated some Jews enclaves in the occupied territories.

Nazaré
With the ascension of Hamas, in 2006, a fundamentalist group unrecognized by the International Community, and the Zionism, obstinate in the enlargement and creation of settlements in East Jerusalem and West Bank, both the process of peace for the region & the creation of the State of Palestine are threatened.
The Holy Land tends do be a Bloody Land for ever.

Day 1. I arived at Tel Aviv at 23:40 and moved to the city centre by train where I spent a single night.
Day 2. Early in the morning I moved to Jaffa, where I visited both the Old Port & the Old City. Then I moved back to the central station to catch the train to Haifa to take advantage of the opportunity to visit the Bahai's Gardens.

Ein Gedi
Then I moved to Akko, where I slept in the Old City, World Heritage site by UNESCO.
Day 3. Early in the morning I took a bus to Nazareth, where I could visit the city centre, namely the Church of the Annunciation. About 12:00 I travelled to Tiberias, where I spent two nights.
Day 4. In the morning I took a bus to Bet She'an to visit the archaeological Park; in the afternoon I went to Capernaum, known as the centre of Jesus activities in the Galilee and his town during that time.
Masada (nascer do sol)
On the way back, I made a trekking to the Mount of Beatitudes and visited, at Tabgha, both the Primacy of Saint Peter & the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fish churches.
Day 5. At 08:30 I moved to Palestine, where I spent three nights.

Day 8. After visiting Palestine, I arrived at the central bus station in Jerusalem and then moved down to Ein Gedi, where I spent the day making some trekkings in the National Park. Before taking the bus to Masada, where I spent a night, I had opportunity to swim at the, heavily salted, Dead Sea.

Jerusalém

Day 9. At 04:50 I began to climb to the Masada Fortress for the Sunshine. At 08:30 I was alreaday having the breakfast and about 10:00 I was travelling to my last destination in Israel, Jerusalem, making a break at Qumran for about 2 hours,

Day 10.I visited the market and the most interesting religious place in Old city. To move in the city, the light train is, in my opinion, the best way.
Day 11. Early in the morning I visited the Mount of the Olives, from where we have great views of the city. On the way back to the old city, I visited the Church of the Agony, the Church of the Virgin May and the Grotto of Gethsemane. After visiting Via Dolorosa, it was time to admire Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque located at Temple Mount.
Day 12. I visited the Holocausto Museum
Day 13. I went to the airport to take my flight back home at 07:35.

I CAN NOT WRITE A BLOG ABOUT MY TRIP TO PALESTINE BECAUSE TRAVBUDDY RECOGNIZES THE STATE OF PALESTINE AS ISRAEL.