Chill day...

Reykjavik Travel Blog

Iceland 2017: my 2000ISK sandwich

It may seem like a waste of a day for some... but having been to Reykjavik before, I really wanted to just do nothing all day.

So while my sister and her friend went for their Golden Circle tour, I slept in and curled up in our accommodation. I cooked a late breakfast and took a leisurely walk on the smaller residential streets on the western side Reykjavik - which has absolutely nothing interesting, which I find interesting still. How so? The new buildings in central and "old port" Reykjavik are all shops and tourists stuff - I wanted to see houses, normal apts, and neighborhood areas. There were random art graffiti and playgrounds and small cafes that locals enjoyed. It was nice.

I did go back to grab lunch at Laugavegur where my chicken sandwich and chocolate mousse dessert costs me 27000ISK. Ouch.

I did a little browsing at Bonus supermarket for souvenirs and walked out with some Icelandic chocolates that added 3kilos to my luggage - the salted caramel was so good! I should've bought more of it... and waited for my sister and her friend to return from their Golden circle tour... our Ice cave tour the next day was canceled due to bad weather... boo! .. so we booked a lava tube excursion instead.

Dinner was chicken penne alla vodka and Icelandic beer in the comforts of our own accommodation...

Iceland 2017: yummy dessert