4 hours in the Big Apple

New York Travel Blog

Brooklyn Bridge and skyline

I have been to NYC many times, but have not seen much of the sights.  I am usually there for a baseball game, concert, or to connect flights at JFK Airport.

There are a few places that I have really been wanting to see, including taking a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge.

Took care of that today.  My daughter came with me and she wanted to see Times Square so we did that first.

On Saturday November 5, we flew from Indianapolis to LGA airport on a Delta Connection EMB-175.  We had first class row 1 on the 1 1/2 hour flight.   Once there we got the M60 bus to Astoria, where we caught the N subway train to Times Square.

We walked around Times Square for maybe 30 minutes and then went down and caught the 3 line of the subway to Park Place in Lower Manhattan.

Manhattan Bridge
 It was here that we walked through the park and over the Brooklyn Bridge.  I was surprised at how many people were out, but then again, it was a great day and I am sure there are always lots of people.

It took about 30 minutes to walk across, while shooting many photos.  On the other side we enjoyed a New York street hot dog and then walked down to the waterfront park under the bridge.

At about 2pm, we got the A line of the subway to JFK Airport.  It is tough to gauge what security lines will be like at JFK, but this day was not bad at all.  We were there with plenty of time and enjoyed a Jamba Juice inside the termainal gate area.

At 4:55pm, we were on a Delta Connection CRJ-900 aircraft and heading for home.  This one was in row 5 of economy comfort.  It was a mostly smooth 1 hour and 45 minute flight.  I had a couple of gin and tonics.  We arrived on time at just before 7pm.

I plan to go back soon and see some other places I want to see, including doing a self tour of a few movie filming sites.

vulindlela says:
I plan to do the Roosevelt Island tram on a future visit.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2017
AdamR3723 says:
BROOKLYN BRIDGE - one of my favourite NYC walks. have you ever visited Rooseveldt Island? Also great views of Manhattan from there.
Posted on: Feb 25, 2017
WalterC says:
Hope to walk across the bridge again, but I may just wait until spring to do that.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2016
Lower Manhattan skyline
Lady Liberty
Lady Liberty
Brooklyn Bridge
Lower Manhattan skyline from my fl…
Lower Manhattan skyline from my f…