AsiaJapanTanabe

My friend inspired me

Tanabe Travel Blog

The map of three ways

I have done 38km trekking at Kumamo Kodo in Wakayama prifacture,Japan.

Here is a long story why I did that.

My friend from the site told me about Camino Santiago in Spain. It's a pilgrim road for 800km from border of France. I thought she kidding me to walk 800km but it was not kidding. I serched about Camino Santiago then it cought my heart to do that ASAP!!! During I search about that I found the word "Dual Pilgrim".

What is the Dual Pilgrim?

The one is the Camino Santiago and an another one is the Kumano Kodo in Japan.  Wow! I have heard Kumano Kodo and wanted to do that but actuarlly we have not had much information like friends did that... So I just knew the name and where it is. Luckily it is in Wakayama,next to Osaka.

Kumano Kodo
Why not then I do try it before I try Camino Santiago! Yes,this is wy I just started to make a plan to go to Kumano Kodo.

Then I asked some my friends who might be interested in to trekking Kumano Kodo together. Some said,they wants to do that and some said they don't like walking so long. Because Kumano Kodo has several ways, longest one is 70km walk from Mt.Koya to Kumano-shrine. So I decided to do middle long way called Nakahechi 38km pilgrim.

A friend of mine rise hand as she wanted to do that,but finally she has done some part of pilgrim. For me I wanted to do through whole way. I thought if no one do that together,I will do alone. BUT,I really won't do that it alone. Because we have to walk deep mountain. So I just post an event page on Facebook,I didn't care who join us,I needed companion who can do it together then A man most closer friend told me that he want to do it! It made me surprised because I never ever talked about Kumano Kodo wit him.

Kumano Kodo
Then wonder why he wants to do that? He saids,it was his dream. He is a man who traveled Greece together last year and he is my business partner.

Well,finally I got a companion. We needed an acommodation on the way during Kumano Kodo. I booked the one which was most interested in acommodation on the way we go. Most places were already full. I found the one interested in accommdation with website. I call to the owner then he said just got a cancel from other guest on the 19th which we wanted to stay. We were lucky!  We were just two of us until 2days before we go,then one of our common friend decided to join us,so we are three when we started finally!

That is the story why we make this trip.

yasuyo says:
Thanks! I'll do it again :)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2017
vicIII says:
Well done, Yasuyo! Happy trails in the future!:)
Posted on: Sep 06, 2017