Last Minute Planning and Indecisiveness

Houston Travel Blog

statue of George H.W. Bush

This trip was planned at the last minute, as I could not make up my mind. And when picking the places, then I was indecisive on what and where to see. The tough part was not so much what to see, but what not to see on this trip. Basically, the decision of what to cut out of this trip, as I tend to treat each trip was my first and/or only visit to that place.

Ultimately, I decided to visit the West Coast again, which I have been multiple times. I would be going to California and Arizona. Not only to see baseball stadiums and zoos, but also to catch the final showings of "Paint the Night" parade at Disneyland. In fact, that would be the deciding factor to choose this trip over any other option. More on this later on!

Starting this day, with packing up and trying to figure and finalize some details.

Then when my mom came home, she gave me ride to the train station. Then I would take the train to the airport. Once there, I ate the little lunch that I brought along. After eating, I went through security, and to the gate. I charged my devices while waiting, until it was time to board. I got on the plane, and ended up sitting in the wrong row, much to the annoyance of a flight attendant.

I was on a United flight, which took off from Philly, and headed to Houston. Arriving on time, I would have more than enough time to connect. I hoped to get on an earlier flight, wanting to get to Los Angeles sooner. Getting off, I went to the gate of that particular flight. But as it turned out, a bunch of other people had the same idea, as there were a bunch of people ahead of me on standby.
So I decided against this, and stick to my original flight.

With some time to kill, I would see a small exhibition on George H.W. Bush, who was the 41st President, and from the Houston area. That would be the first Bush, or Bush Sr. Then a little butterfly art display nearby. Then went to a Popeye's, where I ate lunch. I just love eating their spicy chicken and cajun rice. Then to the gate.

The time came to board, and I got on. But when sitting, there was a delay, sue to the rain storm. It was pouring at times. So we all waited inside the airplane, until the rain stopped. I think 1 hour had passed, and thinking it was not so bad, as I did arrange for a shuttle in LA.

But then, the plane had to make an unscheduled stop at Phoenix, due to running low on fuel. So this would further delay my arrival my arrival into LA. But at the same time, I could not really blame them. Safety first, after all! After the refueling was done, the plane took off, and I was finally heading to California.

Vikram says:
Dude, congrats on the featured blog. That said, I won't be reading it till I get back home!
walterman9999 says:
Congrat Walter on beong featured.
Cho says:
Congratulations on this featured travel blog!
The Butterfly art exhibit
The Butterfly art exhibit
story behind The Butterfly
story behind "The Butterfly"
Houston