We're in Ulm and now our bags are too

Ulm Travel Blog

Hi all,

Thank you all for your emails... it's so much fun to hear from you.

Our bags made it in today... 48 hours late, but they are all in one piece and we are now working on unpacking!

We spend some of the day yesterday (Sunday) exploring the city and eating at a little cafe at the bast of the M√ľnster (Cathedral). The walk along the Danube river from our apartment to the city is a picturesque 10 minute walk. Beautiful on the way into town, but a little long and cold on the rainy run/walk home after lunch.

Today April and I went into town with the relocation coordinator to fill out and sign our residency paperwork, our tax registration, parking permit and to open a bank account. It's all getting more and more official! After all the paperwork was done, April came home to wait for the bags and I went into work. After some introductions and a lunch at the cafeteria my first day at work was done (1 1/2 hours... not too bad). Shorter then normal due to the fact that my computer and some of my paperwork wont be ready until tomorrow.

Well... I should get back to unpacking, but we wanted to let you know that our bags have arrived!

We love you all,