EuropeGermanyUlm

A Car

Ulm Travel Blog

Our Avis Rental Car. It was Fiat Bravo. We picked it up with 400 KM on it. We dropped it off with 1700 KM.
Quite a day... On Saturday we turned in our rental car so this morning was my first adventure with Ulm public transportation. After dropping off the rental car we stopped by the city visitors guide to get some instructions on how to use the local bus system. We got a "ding" card... a prepaid card we loaded with 15 Euro. Today following the visitor guide's instructions I found my way to work... almost. I got off the bus at the last stop which left me about a 10 minute walk from work. It turns out that after the "last" stop the bus continues but just changes numbers. The new number drives right by work... so tomorrow I'll skip the 10 minute walk and take the bus the rest of the way.

After leaving work a few minutes early, I found my way back on the bus and met up with April at the bus stop.
From there we took the tram to the Grossgarage ("big garage") to test drive a VW we had seen online. After 30 minutes of driving around and kicking the tires we decided to buy.

We've been looking around for a few weeks and feel pretty good about this little car. We would have felt a bit more comfortable if we could have test driven a few others but they make that a bit hard here when all the auto places close at 6pm. But we now have signed a contract on an 04-05 VW Golf Variant with 100k km... it's like a stretch Golf or the same frame as a stationwagon Jetta. 1.9 TDI engine with triptronic transmission and backup sensors :).

We have to wait until Friday to pick it up because of the paperwork, payment and inspections, but we'll have it for the weekend.

A little Chinese food on the way home and now we're sitting back in our apartment. The adventure continues! We love you all, Eric (and April)
vicshepardnrs says:
Thanks for the information shared,it was very useful.
_____
Vic
Parking Sensors
Posted on: Feb 25, 2011
Our Avis Rental Car. It was Fiat B…
Our Avis Rental Car. It was Fiat …
Ulm