City tour and meet up!

Warsaw Travel Blog

Wilanów Palace

Even though I would have loved to sleep in, I was up at 7am so I could get ready for a tour of the city with Emilia(EmyG).  I went down to a Costa Coffee, and had a coffee and croissant.  I met Emilia in the Novotel lobby, and he headed out on the bus to Wilanów Palace.  They call the palace "The Polish Versailles", and I was looking forward to it the most on the tour.  It took about 30 minutes to get there, and her and I just talked a lot on the bus.  The palace was as amazing in person as it was in photos!  We strolled around the gardens for well over an hour, maybe even two.  It was such a beautiful place!  I could have stayed there all day really.  But, there was more to see!

We left the palace on the bus, to the Lazienki Park.

Palace on the Isle
 This park was massive, and also had some very beautiful structures and scenery.  We fed some squirrels here as well!  We also walked around this area for 1-2 hours easily.  It would have been easy to spend some more time here as well, but we were starting to get hungry.  We took the bus to the area across from Novotel and went to a restaurant called Sloik.  Emilia said that it had some typical Polish foods that I should try.

Wow!  The restaurant was very good!  I ate zurek soup and some pierogi, along with a strawberry lemonade.  This place was perfect, and I thank Emilia for bringing me there.

After a very filling lunch, we went and explored Old Town.  We were there 1-2 hours as well, before heading over to Molly Malone's Pub to see some TBs that were there watching a game.

Old Town

About 4pm or so, we all headed our own ways in order to get ready for the 6pm meet up.  Emilia came by the Novotel at around 5:30pm and picked up Ian and I to take us by bus to the meet up area.

The meet up was at Dawne Smaki Restaurant, and it was excellent!  We had a large table outdoors and on the sidewalk.  It was a perfect night.  I took Emilia's suggestion, and ordered the potato panckaes with mushroom sauce.  They did not disappoint!  I wanted to try more items because all of the menu sounded great, but I was too full.  I had a few beers to drink and mingled with the crowd.  We stayed out there for a good 4-5 hours.  It was fun to see a few TBs I had met before, and to see many that I had not met.  After dinner, they all went out to a club, but I just headed back to Novotel, since I had the early flight the next morning.

I packed up, and went to sleep by 11pm.

tktheworldtraveler says:
Sad I missed out, In the future I'll just say no to staying out the night before a tour! Nice Pics.
Posted on: Sep 20, 2016
alyssa_ob says:
I'm so sad I couldn't make it to that meetup. I really wanted to, but it was very cost prohibitive :(
Posted on: Sep 19, 2016
nolan says:
This is the meetup that I regret missing the most!

In due time, I will meet you, Jeremy and Emi plus the 20 others who went (at another meetup or separately).
Posted on: Sep 19, 2016
potato pancakes
potato pancakes
Warsaw Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great food and decor!
Travelbuddy Emilia(EmyG) brought me here for lunch during our city tour for the Warsaw meet up. I am so glad that she did! She recommended some loca… read entire review
Warsaw